Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Ups and Downs Go Up and Down



Last Friday night was our first night leaving Noelle with someone other than family. My darling friend Ashley, whose son, is a couple months older than Noelle, generously offered to take care of Noelle while my husband and I went out on a date. It was hard to leave knowing that she may miss us or feel abandoned by the familiar. But, I trust Ashley and Noelle's independence has certainly blossomed before our very eyes. While I wouldn't quite leave her with anyone for a whole day, a couple of hours seemed more than reasonable and she did great without us. Hardly noticed we were gone, really. 

Jeremy and I went to Calypso Cafe in East Nashville and I got some awesome recipe ideas. Yesterday I hit up ALDI, this grocery store I've been hearing a lot about. It was amazing. The prices were SO good. Since I don't buy packaged food, the minimal ingredients items were priced even better. I spent $189 total for a months worth of food. This, to me, is epic. Yesterday I made some awesome chili with sour cream and tortilla chips. I also made some enchiladas and today my husband is making spinach cakes (baby approved) and a bean salad for my snacking. I think I'll make a tuna noodle casserole for the week as well. Lots of cooking up in here. I'm pretty sure its the cold weather that gets me pumped for food. Wait no, I just freakin love food.



We finally took Noelle to a pumpkin patch on Friday. We found a great one in Franklin that's 100% non-profit and all of the money goes straight to the family's of children with cancer for their medical bills. She had an excellent time and found a pumpkin that she absolutely insist on.

I'd really like to take her to an apple orchard soon since we just had the season's first cold snap. The apples should be ripe and ready for my tart recipes.

I would like to report that things are just jolly around here but there are a lot of troubles and it's been difficult to be optimistic. I'm trying my hardest to stay focused on the good thing: my daughter and husband's health, our opportunity to buy a beautiful house, being lucky enough to have a wonderful husband with a job that absolutely adores me. I suppose all of this is the truth and fall is as good a time to give thanks than any. It's funny that something like worrying does absolutely no good yet it seems to be such a big part of our daily thoughts.

I'll just leave it at what I am grateful for and keep my eyes on the prize. How is fall treating you so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment