Monday, October 14, 2013

Nags Head North Carolina Beach Vacation

For the last three years my Aunt Mary (from Sacramento CA) plans a vacation for the family in a beach house in North Carolina. This year, since we were somewhat local we decided to drive east to meet them there for a couple of days. 
We had an excellent time. We visited the North Carolina Aquarium (the photo above is my Dad wearing Noelle) and saw turtles, otters, fish, sharks and bat rays. Noelle absolutely loved the tanks full of fish and got really into the touch tank.
Noelle did incredibly well traveling so far (24 hours total drive). She played, talked and we set up Sesame Street on my smart phone and attached it to the seat in front of her. I absolutely love my little family. 
 On Saturday, during her second nap, we went out to the beach and swam around in the surf for a bit. Jeremy threw me into the ocean and I tripped him into a wave because that's what our love is. Then we drank wine in the jacuzzi for a bit. It was really relaxing.
Most of Friday we spent on the pier. We don't fish but it was interesting to see how many people got into it. Noelle felt the sand for the first time and loved it. 
 I played pool with my cousins and we shared a beer. Noelle loved the family. She was intrigued by all of the people picking her up. She did great napping twice a day and slept wonderfully at night.
 It was pretty overcast the whole weekend but it didn't ruin anything. The atlantic ocean is warm and we walked on the beach several times a day to breathe in the sea air. The only thing I miss about California is the ocean air.
 The house is gigantic. 9 bedrooms and four bathrooms. With a large living room, deck, jacuzzi, kitchen and pool. There was plenty of space for cooking, lounging, reading, eating and whatever we wanted to do. Next year we'll be going for the whole week.
 It was a very relazing mini-vacation and now we're back to real life. So many new things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment