Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pre-Retrograde Shenanigans


Ode to the five days before a shit-storm of lost communication. Mercury's retrograde begins October 21 and stays haunting our lives until November 10. I know, I know... it's important. This period of time stops us dead in our tracks and forces us to reflect on what we know to be true. Is it true? Or it just a habit of thinking? When we take a look at our beliefs we're able to change them and flexibility is super important in this life. It's a super humbling time and some say that if you don't fight it, you morph for the better. It still sucks while the pot is stirring though.

The extended period of Mercury going over this point will give us a long drawn out lesson in how to balance our use of cyber technologies with our connection with the earth. Of course Mercury retrograde does make communications vulnerable to break down anyway. We may well be forced into going without our beloved internet, mobile or computer forcing us to do things the old fashioned way. This is more likely to happen if we have been so reliant on our electric friends that real life friendships have suffered. 
- Dark Star Astrology 

There's a pre-retrograde storm happening at my house right now. While I thought that my husband's new employer covered our monthly premium, turns out they're only covering a percentage (which is totally fair) and that leaves us out $400 a month. $400 is significant when you're trying to pay off all of your debt, finally build some savings & buy a house in January of 2015. A retrograde could not come at a better time though, lesson wise.

Jeremy and I have been feeling very disconnected since the baby was born (which is pretty standard) & we're running out of ideas. We've been snappy, he's felt like I hate touching him and it's because I do! We've only had one date night since she was born and it was pretty uneventful. After she falls asleep at night, I do laundry, dishes and get on my computer to research. Then I take a hot bubble bath, get in my pj's and fall asleep. Not a terrible way to end the day, but it definitely doesn't include him. The truth is that I am "touched out" by the time he gets home from work. With babywearing, playing on the floor together, hugging, me changing her diaper etc. I am touched all day and the mental energy is drained from me. The last thing I want while she's asleep is more touching. What better time to pause the Roku, shut off the macbook and spend time together? Even if it's just talking. Getting re-connected is a must for us right now. And to be completely honest, I miss him. I miss it being just us sometimes. 

Something just isn't connecting. Like there are neurons that aren't fusing at the time when I need them most. I feel scatterbrained (I locked my keys in the car last Wednesday), unorganized and totally behind on so many things. It's so like me to forget my accomplishments and just focus on what I haven't done. 
It's hilarious- its 10:30 at night and I am still sitting here trying to get my damn internet to work. Typical. I get the message: slow it down. But i'm completely ignoring it and doing what comes natural instead of what I know will benefit me.... what's your pre-retrograde shift looking like this round?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mishy, I have only been reading your blog for about a month or so, but this one topic struck me and I jsut had to send you a virtual hug. I have been there. I have no children of my own right now..but I know exactly what you mean by needing to re-connect with your significant other. Life gets in the way, drains us all and before you know it we are forgetting why we are with someone in the first place. May i offer a tiny suggestion?..BREATHE. :) You already know it is completely natural, especially with that new beautiful babygirl taking up your time. But always remember to breathe..and remember how far you have come together. the exciting plans you have for your future together. try to remember the little things that made you fall in love with each other. Respect each other's emotions and feelings. (easier said sometimes) if you know you are getting snappy..try to stop yourself before it happens. Remind each other tha tyou love one another, and it isn't a personal thing. you guys will get over this hurdle I am sure of it. :) Your little family is just adorable and I enjoy reading your blog so so much. but if you need to step away from it a bit, to focus on the important stuff first, that probably isn't a bad idea! your fans aren't going anywhere I am sure of it! You are an amazing writer and an amazing mother. I love all of your ideas and I think no matter what you guys will figure this out. keep it up! Best Wishes - Sarah, Delaware

    ReplyDelete